"FHRUS" A site dedicated to promoting the hobby of raising Flowerhorns and other Aquatic Pets. "Finding Answers Together" While Building a Wonderful Family within a Fish Community One person at a Time!!!
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit here at FHRUS.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blue Male Texas and Red Mammon Pairing
Topic Started: Oct 18 2017, 08:41 PM (158 Views)
Lost2301
Member Avatar
1" Frys
 *   *   *  
My two newest fish have spawned and eggs are looking really good. About 75% of eggs looking good with dark spot in them. About 30 hours to go before they hatch, not many turning white anymore. Mother and father very active now all around the saucer. Mother loosing some of her color. Not eating much, neither is the male.

Here a couple photos of them:

Male with pearls all over including the head area:


Posted Image

Female slightly smaller then the male


Posted Image
Just checked on our eggs and there hatching!!! thank you Finally after all these attempts some babies to raise up and watch to see how they turn out. It so exciting now, after all the failed attempts. Looks like my time frame of 30 hours was off. it's all good
Attached to this post:
Attachments: img_20170507_175448texascichlid_orig1.jpg (104.79 KB)
Attachments: s_l16001.jpg (141.49 KB)
Edited by Lost2301, Oct 18 2017, 10:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lost2301
Member Avatar
1" Frys
 *   *   *  
Mother is having trouble keeping all the fry in one place. They still have yoke sacs. Dad is looking at me with a mean look in his face. Surely he does not want to bite me? you da man!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
bozatron
Member Avatar
Zygotes
 *  
Congrats, great looking parents!
Here to learn
New to FH but not new to fish
A wise man once said "Every tank is just a grow out"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lost2301
Member Avatar
1" Frys
 *   *   *  
Can anyone answer a question for me? The first spawning number around 100. Around 60% of the fry still have the horizontal spots from eye to tail. The other 40% have no spots at all now. Is this typical? I am wondering what I can expect from the ones who now have no spots on them at all. I suppose that could be a mammon type of fry? Most are around 1/2" big now.

The pair has spawned again in a bigger tank, I am guessing around 250 fry. There are so many fry the parents each have a school of fry they are taking care of.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · TEXAS · Next Topic »
Add Reply

FHRUS Donation Box


Google

GS/GO SOLD HERE! Click RUS LOGO


 photo sumobanner2rf2_zpsspafktw1.gif


Vote For FHRUS!!
Aquariumrank.com - Ranking the Top Aquarium Sites on the Internet