"FHRUS" A site dedicated to promoting the hobby of raising Flowerhorns and other Aquatic Pets. "Finding Answers Together" While Building a Wonderful Family within a Fish Community One person at a Time!!!
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit here at FHRUS.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New FH advice appreciated; New owner
Topic Started: May 9 2018, 10:14 PM (67 Views)
ewoolpert
Zygotes
Just got my first flowerhorn. I don't know why it took me so long. I was first into Africans at around the age of 19 and then went tankless from about 21-27. I have a 55 gallon with 2 electric blue acaras and some black skirt tetras. I recently purchased a 92 gallon corner aquarium and decided to go flowerhorn as a single pet. I bought my flowerhorn from liveaquaria and it came in this morning. At first sight I wonder why it took me so long to get a flowerhorn. I am looking for any advise to flowerhorn keeping. I have kept cichlids for multiple years and have even breed them. But I know you guys have good advice for the flowerhorn. He is very happy already and just fed him some frozen krill and he tore it up. Good Kok and great colors. He is around 3.5". So far I am in love with this new guy. Just wanted to introduce myself and ask for any tips or tricks to raise him into an awesome specimen as he grows larger. Thanks much and I hope I get some advice from you pros. Also any info on what type he might be would help. Bought as a cherry humphead.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

adnan
Zygotes
Hi Ewoolpert!
Indeed your flowerhorn looks great, great colour and shape!
I would recommend you to feed him mainly with good pellets for cichlids and of course important is to avoid over feeding.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ewoolpert
Zygotes
Thanks adnan. I plan on feeding pellets most the time and frozen assorted treats every few days.

Paintsn
Member Avatar
>>>NeWbIe 4LiFe<<<
Welcome aboard ewoolpert welcom home!

That's a pretty nice piece you got there..still looks like it still need time to settle in its new surrounding. Your new first fh is considered a zz strain. And has pretty nice coloration too.

Your fish will thrive in bigger taller tanks. Keep the water parameter optimum. feed as much as it could eat within a certain amount of portion that food won't go to waste..take out any left over within a give minute time frame. Try to fasten it weekly for two days..usually best after watwrchanging day. Keep it active and pay close to any details or unwanted signs or symptoms..

And always feel free to ask if any..

Congrats on your new friend its a beautiful thang

Vanz
http://flowerhornrus.com/
SAD??? sad is seeing that wrinkled face in the mirror of a NOBODY and knowing that life is given by Borrowed Time,
And to the Truth is, Being alive and not knowing how to LIVE...
Now that is sad!!!

ONE DAY CLOSER TO DEATH!!!

So Therefore... My Dream is My Reality and My Reality is My Dream, And If I am in MY Reality, Then I could do So as I pleases AS in My DREAM!!!

Paintings In MY MIND by PAINTSN

Click Banner

Posted Image

ewoolpert
Zygotes
Thanks paintsn he is getting use to his new home and will now follow my hand around the tank instead of hiding. Excited to watch him grow. I have named him Fletcher after Fletcher Cox who is a Philadelphia Eagles D lineman. Big, strong and fast. Hope my NFL reference didn't sidetrack anyone. GO BIRDS. Any other info or advise would be great. Thanks much.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Newbie Corners · Next Topic »
Add Reply

FHRUS Donation Box

Google

GS/GO SOLD HERE! Click RUS LOGO

photo sumobanner2rf2_zpsspafktw1.gif

Vote For FHRUS!!
Aquariumrank.com - Ranking the Top Aquarium Sites on the Internet