"FHRUS" A site dedicated to promoting the hobby of raising Flowerhorns and other Aquatic Pets. "Finding Answers Together" While Building a Wonderful Family within a Fish Community One person at a Time!!!
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit here at FHRUS.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What kind of disease is it and whats the cure, please help
Topic Started: May 14 2018, 06:36 AM (38 Views)
Menon789
Zygotes
My flowerhorn fish has been affected with this disease for an year and i have no clue as to what kind of medication would help it. But this has not affected its movement or appetite in any way. Need some advice on medication. Also is it suffering from Hexamita as i can see a hole just above its eye
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FlowerHornRus
Member Avatar
Administrator
holy moly you said for a year. And it hasnt heal? from the pics it looks like it got bitten. From what I know FH has strong immune system and heals very quick. It will get bit, have hole in the head, and with just keeping the water clean, they hop back healing like it never happened. Especially if you catches the problem early.

I myself hardly go with meds, just maintaining the water and temp. Deworming new fish and after that once a year is good. But with meds, Id go with Melafix for Hith and hex.

Bout the pic like it looks bitten...do you know how it got it?

Posted Image

It takes 36 muscles to make a FROWN... crying
But it ONLY takes ONE FISH to make a Smile!!!
grinning

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Menon789
Zygotes
This is the only fish that i have in my 55 gallon tank so no chance of getting bitten. It started with a small hole and it stayed like that for some time but recently i was away for a month and when i came back i noticed that the size of the hole got big. I even googled it to know what it actually is but couldn't get any info.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Medical Area/Nutrition/Health · Next Topic »
Add Reply

FHRUS Donation Box

Google

GS/GO SOLD HERE! Click RUS LOGO

photo sumobanner2rf2_zpsspafktw1.gif

Vote For FHRUS!!
Aquariumrank.com - Ranking the Top Aquarium Sites on the Internet