[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/uxbe.gif/][IMG]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5383/uxbe.gif[/IMG][/URL] "FHRUS" A site dedicated to promoting the hobby of raising Flowerhorns and other Aquatic Pets. "Finding Answers Together" While Building a Wonderful Family within a Fish Community One person at a Time!!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit here at FHRUS.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My beautiful Flowerhorn; Tail Half fade
Topic Started: Dec 16 2011, 07:15 PM (740 Views)
solidraj
Zygotes
Please let me know why my 3inch flowerhorn tail half fade since i brought from shop 1months ago but eat and play well in my aquarium . Its look healty but the tail just bothering Us as its very beautiful FH
The water change 40% every week , temp -30 cel and PH 7.6 & Tank 50g , i give hikari gold , agua-master & NFS pellet plus frozen & dried shrimp occasionally ..

1}How to make my tail color even ?
2} What breed is that flowerhorn ?
3} Is it male or female ?

This is my first fish as my pet ... please advice ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: 13.jpg (93.01 KB)
Attachments: 7.jpg (52.91 KB)
Attachments: 5.jpg (110.42 KB)
Attachments: 37.06.jpg (90.84 KB)
Edited by petah, Dec 16 2011, 08:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

petah
Member Avatar
FHRUS
are you running a heater for that tank? you should put that heater on 28 to 30 c or 82 to 86 f.. what size is your tank?
Edited by petah, Dec 16 2011, 08:20 PM.
Team R'US

feel free to add me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/petah.fhrus

solidraj
Zygotes
Ya .. I got Heater but the heater set to 26 and i check the Temp using Themometer shows 30*cels !! if i increase the heater setting to 28* the temperature raise to 32 cels so that why i remain the default setting to 26 !Is it Correct or shld i changed ? The Tank capacity is 50 gal.
Normally the black mark will disappear but now its remain already 2 week ..

Mentat
Member Avatar
"Evil One"
Most heaters are off by a few degrees and you should set temperature according to good thermometer. I use those strip ones you fix outside tank for reptiles (made by ZooMed, Zilla, or Exo-Terra) because they read past 86-88F; while aquarium ones usually stop at 84-86F.

Your fish tail is not fading; that is it's normal marking and coloration. Many FH have decreased color and marking on tail lower half. It's not a desirable trait, but it's pretty common.
In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep it simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present. - Tao Te Ching

zzflowerhorn
Member Avatar
6" Juvies
solidraj
Dec 16 2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:

Please let me know why my 3inch flowerhorn tail half fade since i brought from shop 1months ago but eat and play well in my aquarium . Its look healty but the tail just bothering Us as its very beautiful FH
The water change 40% every week , temp -30 cel and PH 7.6 & Tank 50g , i give hikari gold , agua-master & NFS pellet plus frozen & dried shrimp occasionally ..

1}How to make my tail color even ?
This is normal due to gene. Not just your fish...if pay close attention to other fhs tail, some will have the same gene (meaning top half of the tail will have more pearls & color and the bottom half with less pearls & color).

2} What breed is that flowerhorn ?
Looks like a zzmalau or a zzkamfa to me...

3} Is it male or female ?
Second to last picture do look like a female...

BTW...That's a beautiful fish.

This is my first fish as my pet ... please advice ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by zzflowerhorn, Dec 17 2011, 10:47 AM.
Posted Image Posted Image

kvdragon
Member Avatar
" MN-FH_Breeder "
Agree with ZZflowerhorn, this one does look like a female. Pump it up and keep us update and we'll see whether it a male or female.
FLOWERHORNKEEPERS.COM
MINNFISH.COM
SIMPLYDISCUS.COM
FLOWERHORNCRAZE.COM

solidraj
Zygotes
sure !! will update ..... Thanks for the reply frens !!

Can female grow head bigger !! any food to increase the size !! I checked the temperature of my aquarium using difeerent thermometer show 32celcius -its ok for flowerhorn or show i reduce ?

Mentat
Member Avatar
"Evil One"
solidraj
Dec 18 2011, 11:13 PM
...I checked the temperature of my aquarium using difeerent thermometer show 32celcius -its ok for flowerhorn or show i reduce ?
32 is a bit high; would keep it at 29-30C (84-86F).
In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep it simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present. - Tao Te Ching

lonelydumplin
Member Avatar
7" Adults
I think you have a beautiful fish regardless of the tail. Keep us updated as it develops.

solidraj
Zygotes
i had attached Clip to view !!
i had attached Clip to view !!
add picture ..plz comments !!
Yesterday , i put mirror stick on my aquarium wall .. sudden my baby flowerhorn get angry & crush the aquarium wall with "big Bang " sound .. i removed the mirror immediately .. He now became slow & black stress appear on his body !! Is it possible he get injuried or any teeth broken cause the sound quite high ?

Did he get Injuried & if so how we know !! Any medication ...

Attached to this post:
Attachments: MOV_0399.mp4 (6.92 MB)
Attachments: 2011_11_03_21.20.39.jpg (112.28 KB)
Attachments: 2011_11_22_23.16.15.jpg (108.6 KB)
Edited by solidraj, Dec 21 2011, 05:21 PM.

Mentat
Member Avatar
"Evil One"
If his mouth looks OK and fish moves around tank normally it should be fine.

solidraj
Zygotes
Ya.. its mouth _ok !!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Medical Area/Nutrition/Health · Next Topic »
Add Reply

FHRUS Donation Box

Google

GS/GO SOLD HERE! Click RUS LOGO
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

FHRUS AFFILIATES

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Vote For FHRUS!!
All Tropical Fish Topsites List Aquariumrank.com - Ranking the Top Aquarium Sites on the Internet