"FHRUS" A site dedicated to promoting the hobby of raising Flowerhorns and other Aquatic Pets. "Finding Answers Together" While Building a Wonderful Family within a Fish Community One person at a Time!!!
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit here at FHRUS.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Strain 3
Topic Started: Oct 27 2013, 10:50 PM (1,926 Views)
showx
Zygotes
Got my new female Hartwegi for my F1 Red Texas/Synspilum. This is going to be Strain 3 in my Fortune Fish project. Let me know what you guys think about this cross! I'm super excited for this cross

edited with better pictures of the parents
Attached to this post:
Attachments: day_1.jpg (61.3 KB)
Attachments: Uncle.jpg (94.56 KB)
Edited by showx, Nov 11 2013, 11:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paintsn
Member Avatar
>>>NeWbIe 4LiFe<<<
im not sure but the female looks more like a fene to me.. im excited bout the cross too.. but man there is a few doubt.. not sure when or if your male is fertile yet..

also.. the other concern i have is hoping the frys will have more of the dad body and not the mom.. for one thing i disliked bout fenes are that their body are pretty long. but patterns, transparent colors and markings are bomb..

good luck bro.. I still on phase one on mine..
http://flowerhornrus.com/
SAD??? sad is seeing that wrinkled face in the mirror of a NOBODY and knowing that life is given by Borrowed Time,
And to the Truth is, Being alive and not knowing how to LIVE...
Now that is sad!!!

ONE DAY CLOSER TO DEATH!!!

So Therefore... My Dream is My Reality and My Reality is My Dream, And If I am in MY Reality, Then I could do So as I pleases AS in My DREAM!!!

Paintings In MY MIND by PAINTSN

Click Banner

Posted Image

twotimes
Member Avatar
LONELY*ARIZONA*BREEDER
Wow very cool I wanna get more Vieja that's a great pair good luck
DJAY

showx
Zygotes
thanks guys! The male is fertile. I've had wigglers with him and a bp a couple weeks ago but siphoned the batch because i was getting this female. The guy i bought her from says she's confirmed fertile too

showx
Zygotes
quick update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaSLqZepy0E

monsterkok1201
2" Frys
Very nice can't wait to see how the fry turn out. As Vans stated hopefully they get more of the dad's body since hartwegi can have long bodies. What would you breed the fry to?
Edited by monsterkok1201, Nov 3 2013, 10:28 PM.

TaiVaj
11" Masterpieces
Very nice! I would like to see what the fries look like. Would be interesting if you cross the fries to a female KKP to add the kok genes. Good Luck. Oh yea, F3 you meant?
Time and Patience is all you need. -Kok_Luss

showx
Zygotes
TaiVaj
Nov 4 2013, 04:58 PM
Very nice! I would like to see what the fries look like. Would be interesting if you cross the fries to a female KKP to add the kok genes. Good Luck. Oh yea, F3 you meant?
thanks guys. Yea my goal is to get the colors from the mom, pearls from dad and the dad's mom (pearly rt), and the dad's body. It'd be nice if they came out with either a full flowerline or no flowerline. I'm thinking about introducing a kkp or red shock into this project. But idk if i want the fading gene in this project

This is strain 3, F2. The male is F1 from my rtXsyn cross.

Strain 1 = F1xF1
Strain 2 = F1xSRD
Strain 3 = F1xHartwegi

The next step will be to pick and choose my favorite fry from the strains 1, 2, & 3 and cross the strains for F3.
monsterkok1201
Nov 3 2013, 10:27 PM
Very nice can't wait to see how the fry turn out. As Vans stated hopefully they get more of the dad's body since hartwegi can have long bodies. What would you breed the fry to?
Thanks monsterkok1201. I didnt know how to quote multiple people in 1 post lol
Edited by showx, Nov 5 2013, 10:37 PM.

showx
Zygotes
Got fertile eggs :D
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1453213_10152352920789829_1725524226_n.jpg (73.74 KB)

showx
Zygotes
Update video on parents and fry. I probably have between 200-300 fry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tcbegEukJQ

johntran216
1" Frys
congrats ! that was super fast lol. did they not show any aggression towards each other?

showx
Zygotes
johntran216
Nov 19 2013, 12:41 AM
congrats ! that was super fast lol. did they not show any aggression towards each other?
Thanks! They were lip locking at first and trying to get at each other through the divider for the first couple days. After 1 week I took out the divider and they were fine together. 1 week of living together, on pellets and some blood worms, and she laid :D

johntran216
1" Frys
Ahh.. yeah i think it can be difficult to breed sometimes, so it's good to know several diff tricks/methods. I'll keep that in mind if i attempt to breed later down the line. Well pump those babies up and get some mp's out :)

showx
Zygotes
1 month update on the fry grinning

They are fattys and I moved them (1.5 weeks ago) from a 20 long to a 40 breeder to give them more space. Was gone for 2 days for thanksgiving and they were chewing on each others tails already! They all had nipped tails. Couldnt believe it... so small but already fighting. More space and more food and they are growing so fast.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1455008_10152442944759829_1010482497_n.jpg (71.41 KB)
Attachments: 1486788_10152442944864829_1402299028_n.jpg (73.12 KB)
Edited by showx, Dec 12 2013, 12:51 AM.

showx
Zygotes
update
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 10270603_10152830359849829_8874011324619015249_n.jpg (67.37 KB)

Paintsn
Member Avatar
>>>NeWbIe 4LiFe<<<
Looking good bro....and most def they do grow slow..I will also post some of our hartwegi x srm..they about the same size as yours
http://flowerhornrus.com/
SAD??? sad is seeing that wrinkled face in the mirror of a NOBODY and knowing that life is given by Borrowed Time,
And to the Truth is, Being alive and not knowing how to LIVE...
Now that is sad!!!

ONE DAY CLOSER TO DEATH!!!

So Therefore... My Dream is My Reality and My Reality is My Dream, And If I am in MY Reality, Then I could do So as I pleases AS in My DREAM!!!

Paintings In MY MIND by PAINTSN

Click Banner

Posted Image

showx
Zygotes
rip to this project. My best growout died during my move a couple months ago. I have 1 more that i'm growing out just to see what he'll look like but since I was after pearls and the pearly one died, I will be heading a new direction. Here's a pic of the pearly one
Attached to this post:
Attachments: vlcsnap_2014_08_15_14h18m13s5.png (197.06 KB)

showx
Zygotes
I guess this line isnt quite dead yet. These two are turning out very nice still.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And here's an update on their mother :D She's beasting!
Posted Image

DIRTY REDD
Member Avatar
Team RUs East Coast
Really nice Hartwegi...fry turned out nice too.

JoanWalter
Zygotes
Congratulation.. Very nice.

My WebpageWebsite

Miss Sunshine
Member Avatar
Addicted to flowerhorns
Looking really nice!!

Growing fry into juvs is indeed fruitful :)

The mother is indeed a beauty in luv

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Fortune Fish · Next Topic »
Add Reply

FHRUS Donation Box

Google

GS/GO SOLD HERE! Click RUS LOGO

photo sumobanner2rf2_zpsspafktw1.gif

Vote For FHRUS!!
Aquariumrank.com - Ranking the Top Aquarium Sites on the Internet