"FHRUS" A site dedicated to promoting the hobby of raising Flowerhorns and other Aquatic Pets. "Finding Answers Together" While Building a Wonderful Family within a Fish Community One person at a Time!!!
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit here at FHRUS.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Puffer - Incredible creation of nature!!
Topic Started: Oct 18 2015, 10:06 PM (447 Views)
Piyush
Member Avatar
7" Adults
I was not having any knowledge about "the puffer" until I walked in to the "saltwater aquarium".. The just looks very stunning and eye catcher.. Their personality will definitely impress you.. Also, they are very good at eye to eye contacts when they are in tank...

He seems as addictive as our FH !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwxdyRyROY4

A video of a little baby who eats snail.. And a beautiful tank indeed

The fun starts at 1:00 (in video lapsed time!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGa0nSGE1mE

Edited by FlowerHornRus, Oct 19 2015, 06:02 PM.
- PIYOO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FlowerHornRus
Member Avatar
Administrator
beautiful creation indeed and mind boggling in defense mode. I see that one doesnt have as much spikes as a salt water one...or is it? seems defenseless after being bloated...wouldnt you think if it suck itself in and make it skinny, lethargic and anorexic, other wont eat him?? hahah

I always see these puffer as a beauty. But somehow I could never raise them right, guess they too fragile for me i dont know i'm lost

well Ill move the thread

Posted Image

It takes 36 muscles to make a FROWN... crying
But it ONLY takes ONE FISH to make a Smile!!!
grinning

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Piyush
Member Avatar
7" Adults
Sir Vanz!

As per my study in many of the sites/threads regarding the Puffer fish, they are very well in fresh water until juvenile stages, but as they grow to adult they need the saltwater for sure.. So it's kind of strange, and I do not believe that.. but yes, this can be possible when they live in the "back water" where especially river and sea are connected.. But something is not correct when we raise them, somewhere and somehow we miss something...

I did not personally raise any of these beautiful creatures.. but indeed gonna try one day...!!

And when they blow up, it should be reducing the energy and must be making them more fearful.. so yes, it disturbs his organs and body system a lot..

Also, these are well known for their attacking nature and more aggressive than piranha and FH.. yes, that's true.. From FHRUS site, I was reading some threads where the 2" puffer fella attacked the 4+ inches fish and nearly killed it!
- PIYOO
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Aquatic Life Not Listed/US Native Fish · Next Topic »
Add Reply

FHRUS Donation Box

Google

GS/GO SOLD HERE! Click RUS LOGO

photo sumobanner2rf2_zpsspafktw1.gif

Vote For FHRUS!!
Aquariumrank.com - Ranking the Top Aquarium Sites on the Internet